‘Volunteering is at the very core of being human. No one has made it through life without someone else’s help.’ Heather French Henry
North Edinburgh Arts (NEA) is a multi-faceted arts centre which allows greater scope to engage in varied volunteer opportunities that support many interesting and creative activities on offer for local families. North Edinburgh Arts is situated in the heart of Muirhouse and we strive to enhance and provide creative opportunity to help people in their lives through engagement with the arts. As it states on the entrance to NEA, arts are…, breaking down barriers, transformation, growth and freedom of thought.
We are looking for volunteers who are interested in what we do and our values, would like to share their skills and who would like to give something back to the people who live within our community.
All opportunities can be found on our current volunteering opportunities page. We are always delighted to hear from anyone with an interest in contributing to our work.
Our volunteers come to work with us for many different reasons, some of these include:
- Using their time and resource to give something back to the community
- Share our vision of the arts and the contribution it makes to people’s lives
- Looking to meet people and build confidence
- In work part time and are looking for something else to do
- As a student to complement their course and/or learn new skills.
- Out of work and wanting to gain experience to enhance skills.
- Volunteering is always mutually beneficial and we can offer you
- Experience working with a creative, dynamic, energetic and vibrant arts organisation
- Feeling part of a team and using your skills, experience and time to provide the best opportunity for local families
- Training and support to help you fulfill your own goals as well as to enhance your skills in regards to the work here in North Edinburgh Arts
- Meet new people and be a part of something bigger
- As well as these benefits, volunteering will also enhance you CV and employability in general.
As Mahatma Ghandi said: ‘The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.’
For more information on what to expect as a volunteer please visit our Volunteering: What to Expect page.
If you would like to volunteer with North Edinburgh Arts please complete the following documents.
For more detailed information about volunteering with NEA please have a look at out Volunteer info pack below.
After these forms and references have been completed and returned we will be in touch to arrange a time to meet with you to discuss your volunteering further. For more information please see Volunteering: What to Expect
Please email completed forms to Angela Austin (Volunteer Co-ordinator) who will be delighted to speak with you and answer any questions you may have. Angela works Monday (9.30am-2pm) and Tuesday (9.30-5pm).
T: 0131 315 6409
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with North Edinburgh Arts.