Saturday Art & Dance Volunteer
North Edinburgh Arts Saturday Arts & Dance programme is extremely popular with the local community and is one of our busiest days. We run both Arts and Dance sessions for 5 – 12 year olds. The sessions are split into two age ranges, 5-7 years and 8-12 years and the groups alternate between sessions from 10.30am – 11.20am and 11.30am – 12.30pm, with a healthy snack between sessions.
Volunteers will be expected to commit to one project with both ages, for example you would volunteer with either art or dance. This role would suit someone with an interest in working with children and young people and/or experience in an arts or dance. Read more about the Saturday Programme here.
Saturdays 10.30am – 12.30pm (10am – 1pm)
The Saturday programme team is made up of the following roles.
- NEA Duty Manager
- Arts or Dance Tutors
- Sessional Workers
- Volunteers including Youth Volunteers
We ask volunteers to undertake the following tasks:
- Support the lead artist in the overall delivery of the session.
- Interact, engage and create with the young people.
- If tasked with taking the register, mark off children’s names.
- Help the café staff to oversee snack and help to tidy it away afterwards.
- Help with the smooth set up, delivery and clear up of the session.
- Be actively involved with the session briefing and evaluation.
If you would like to volunteer with North Edinburgh Arts please complete the following documents.
After these forms and references have been completed and returned we will be in touch to arrange a time to meet with you to discuss your volunteering further. For more information please see Volunteering: What to Expect
Please email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively please contact Angela Austin E: email@example.com T: 0131 315 6409 or Kate Craik E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 0131 315 6411 who will be delighted to speak with you and answer any questions you may have.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with North Edinburgh Arts