We are looking for a volunteer to help support a gardening youth sessions on (supporting two separate youth groups). This voluntary position would suit someone who has or is looking to develop skills in the following areas
- Work with children and young people
- Community development practice
- Gardening, horticulture or environmental
- Would like to get involved with North Edinburgh Arts and help out
We are looking for someone who can
- Commit weekly to the project for a minimum of 1 term (10 weeks)
- Has good communication skills and a willingness to get involved
- Is interested in work with children and young people
- Is interested in gardening and working outdoors
- Willing to work in collaboration with others
- Someone who can work flexibly
- Understanding of, or commitment to a strong environmental ethos
Most importantly we are looking for someone willing to learn and share what they know with the group.
Thursdays 1pm – 5pm
The Garden team is made up of the following roles:
- Community Growing Coordinator
- Garden Assistant
- Community Job Scotland Posts
- Sessional Workers
We ask volunteers to undertake the following tasks:
- Support staff in the overall delivery of the session.
- Interact and engage with project participants.
- Help with the setup, delivery and clear up of the session
- Be actively involved in the session briefing and evaluation.
Read the NEA garden blog here.