The adult drop-in meets twice weekly and offers participants the opportunity to interact with nature, learn basic horticulture skills and learn about environmental concerns and practical solutions. Participants will help grow, nurture and tend the garden. This volunteer role will suit someone with an interest in horticulture, working with groups, the environment, and/or who would like to relax while learning some new skills in nature. Read more about the garden here.
Tuesdays 2 – 5pm (1.30pm – 5.30pm)
Fridays 10am – 12noon (9.30am – 12.30pm)
The Garden team is made up of the following roles:
- Community Growing Coordinator
- Garden Assistant
- Community Job Scotland Posts
- Sessional Workers
We ask volunteers to undertake the following tasks:
- Support staff in the overall delivery of the session.
- Interact and engage with project participants.
- Help with the setup, delivery and clear up of the session
- Be actively involved in the session briefing and evaluation.
Read the NEA garden blog here.