Create: Volunteer Project Assistant
Create has been running for many years and is a popular project for local families with young children. Artists and play workers set up creative experiences for children 0 – 5 years and their parents/carers. You can read more about the project here.
This role would suit someone who enjoys interacting with young children, is interested in or is studying/working in Early Years education, and/or with a Creative Arts background (Art, Storytelling, Dance, Drama, Environmental).
Volunteers are asked to arrive 30 minutes before a session begins, and stay for 30 minutes after for tidy-up and evaluation.
Thursday 10am – 12noon (9am – 12.30pm)
Saturday 10.30am – 12.30am (9.30am – 1pm)
Volunteers can commit to just one session per week.
The CREATE team is made up of the following roles.
- NEA/Project Manager
- Project Lead Artist/s
- Project Volunteers
We ask volunteers to undertake the following tasks:
- Interact, engage and create with the children.
- Support the lead artist in the overall delivery of the session.
- welcome and chat to parents in the session.
- If tasked with taking the register, mark off children’s names, collect attendance money and register any new families.
- Help the café staff to prepare, clear and oversee snack and help to tidy it away afterwards.
- Help with the smooth set up, delivery and clear up of the session.
- Be actively involved with the session briefing and evaluation.
Visit the Create Facebook page: