Café Volunteer Assistant
North Edinburgh Arts café and garden is at the heart of our space, and is where creative ideas are exchanged, children play, and people meet their friends. They say food speaks to the soul and our kitchen team provides comforting food in a sometimes fast paced environment. There are many roles for volunteers including kitchen portering, serving customers, or making coffees (training provided).
The café is open Monday – Saturday. We are looking for volunteers to help on one regular day per week or more. Specific requirements can be discussed.
Monday – Friday 10am – 2pm (9.30am – 3pm)
Saturday 10.30am – 1pm (10am – 1.30pm)
The café team is made up of the following roles.
- NEA/project Manager
- Kitchen Supervisor
- Community Job Scotland Café Assistants
We ask volunteers to undertake the following tasks:
- Interact with the café team, and contribute to the smooth running of service.
- Help clear and clean tables, toy area and restock condiments/refreshments.
- Help with kitchen tasks such as cleaning dishes, worktops, emptying bins, stocking fridges, and other duties as detailed by the kitchen supervisor.
- Provide a friendly, helpful and professional service to customers using the café.
- Take part in any relevant training where possible (REHIS Food Hygiene/Barista Training/etc).
- Help with events that require catering, such as tea and coffee set-ups or buffets.
- Be committed to helping implement our environmental food waste policy.
Read more about the café here.
If you would like to volunteer with North Edinburgh Arts please complete the following documents.
After these forms and references have been completed and returned we will be in touch to arrange a time to meet with you to discuss your volunteering further. For more information please see Volunteering: What to Expect
Please email completed forms to email@example.com
Alternatively please contact Angela Austin E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 0131 315 6409 or Kate Craik E: email@example.com T: 0131 315 6411 who will be delighted to speak with you and answer any questions you may have.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with North Edinburgh Arts